Friday, May 6, 2011

Baby Words

One by one Judd is slowly knocking off Charlotte's "baby" words. Just this past week he taught her to say "little" rather than "wittle". A couple of weeks ago it was changing "lellow" to "yellow". I know it needs to happen, but it makes me a little sad with each word that is corrected.

We still have a few words that I'm hanging on to - that I really don't want to be changed just yet. I love how she says "lem-a-lade" instead of "lemonade". Restaurant is still "rescronk". The "th" sound is "s" a lot of times, still.

Some days I look at her and try really hard to see baby in there somewhere. Each day that passes, I see less and less. It is exciting and sad at the same time.

Exciting that we are starting to do things like play games. We have her some games for Christmas - Memory, Ants in my Pants, Spill the Beans, Cooties, etc. Last night Judd and I played Memory with Charlotte after Max went to bed. We had a great time - she is truly funny. Whenever she wouldn't get a match she says, "Shoot-a-Root!". It is times like that where I'm so looking forward to doing more "big kid" things. But, I would like to be able to press pause.

It makes me want to soak up every second of little man's moments - I know that I'm going to blink and I'll be playing Memory with him.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

my daughter is almost nine and still says "hansitizer" instead of hand sanitizer :)