Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Week At Grammie & Granddad's

Earlier in the Spring, we decided that we would spend a week this summer at my parent's house. We make lots of little trips here and there, but thought it would be nice to have a little more time there. I have very fond memories of staying with my grandparents for a week or two each summer. I want my kids to have an experience like that.

We flew up last Saturday and had an action packed week.

We visited with Sally, Andrew, and Jacob on Sunday and Monday. Monday we all went to the Strasburg Railroad. It was a perfect day for it - cloudy and breezy. It did start to rain on us at the end of the time there, but I'd take that rather than having scorching sun. We rode in the open air car on the "Road to Paradise". The train takes you through Amish country to Paradise, PA. The scenery is beautiful. You can get off halfway and have a picnic. We had a really nice picnic and were able to watch the trains go by. (I have pictures of this - but they are on my dad's camera!)

Tuesday we went to a children's museum in Harrisburg.
(they had the coolest water table that babies could sit in the middle of)IMG_0708 (Charlotte putting on a show)

Wednesday we headed to Newark, DE to see Rachel and Adam's new house. It looks great - they have done a lot of work. I'm extremely jealous of their large basement, I can't even imagine what that amount of storage is like! After lunch, we went to the University of Delaware's creamery and had some ice cream. Max kinda liked it.



Thursday we hung out around the house. Friday, I drove up to Dallas, PA to visit one of my dearest friends. She just had a new baby girl and I couldn't wait to see them. We had a great visit.

We took a 6:45AM flight back on Saturday. The kids were a wreck yesterday recovering from lack of sleep and the general spoiling that grandparents do to grandkids. We picked Judd up from the airport yesterday afternoon. He spent the week in Hong Kong!

Here are a few snaps from the rest of the week. I didn't have my camera with me. I wish I did, but 2 kids, an airport, etc - it's just one extra thing I can't take.






(Charlotte only slept about 8 or 9 hours each day we were there. For some reason I could NOT get her to sleep before 9 PM each night and she was up at the crack of dawn - 6:15 each morning. It was crazy. So, every time she got in a car, she would fall asleep after about 30 seconds. Granddad took her for a convertible ride the the last night we were there - this is how she came in after wards.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

oh my goodness that last picture is hilarious! love it!!