Friday, August 31, 2012

Last Days of Summer

Ask anyone who's talked to me during the month of August, and they would probably think that I couldn't wait for Sept 4th to roll around. The beginning of school. I thought I heard the angels sing.

However, today, I don't want it to end. Just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, I am feeling like I don't want to let them go. I don't want to walk them into their rooms. I don't want the lazy mornings to swap out with crazier, rushed mornings. Charlotte is starting with soccer and choir this Fall and I know that our weeks will begin to fly by at a much faster pace. I'm excited about that, watching her find her niche, discover what she likes. However, it means we're moving further and further away from baby and closer to kid. This was the last summer before she becomes a real kid with real school to worry about.

We have had a great time this summer hanging out. Swimming, playing, reading, painting, coloring. We have taken lots of walks. Talked about lots of things. Had wonderful trips to the beach. Spent time with grandparents. Charlotte became a proficient swimmer this year. Max even began to "swim" without a floaty. Things relaxed. We all relaxed.

We spent this last day of summer break at the Old Fourth Ward park. We had not been here before. It was AWESOME. There are fountains on one side and a playground on the other. I believe half of Charlotte's school ended up coming out to play today. The kids had a fabulous time running from one thing to another. A perfect way to wrap up a wonderful summer.

endofsummer1

endofsummer2

endofsummer4

endofsummer5

endofsummer6

endofsummer7

endofsummer8

Another accomplishment this summer - she made it all the way across on the monkey bars! I'm not sure I've ever seen her so proud of herself.
endofsummer9

endofsummer10

No comments: