Saturday, January 22, 2011

3 months

threemonth

Maxwell turned 3 months old today. Sigh. My newborn is now an infant.

I consider him to be a very happy baby. It isn't hard to coax a smile out of the guy. Just today I was nursing him, he looked right up at me, stopped eating and gave me a huge grin. It made my heart stop. He can be a charmer.

He has rolled over from his stomach to his back a few times, but hasn't gone the other way.

He has slept 11-12 hour stretches the past couple of nights. If he doesn't sleep 11-12 hours, he'll just wake up once around 4 AM, then go right back to sleep. He's not sleeping much during the day, but I think I can handle that if he continues to sleep so well at night.

He has giggled a couple of times. They are just short chuckles - but man are they cute. Charlotte and Max take a bath together most nights. He is in his bathtub down in the big bathtub. I push his bathtub all the way to the back, and Charlotte is able to fit in the big tub. I was playing a game with her tonight - every time she giggled, Max would get a huge grin on his face and giggle. I think he will be entertained quite a bit by her in the future!

No doctors visit this month, so I'm not sure how much he weighs. But, if my back is any indication, he weighs a lot! He is starting to fill out 6 month clothes.

He is fitting in so nicely with our family. It's like he has always been here - I can't imagine our family without him. He's just a darling little chunk of love.

2 comments:

Drena said...

so glad the newborn stage is going so well for you guys! What a blessing.

Yay for sleep!

Emily said...

In this picture he looks like a perfect mix of you and Judd. I'm glad he is sleeping for you.