Monday, January 24, 2011

Conversations with an almost 3 year old

DSC_7281

I'm sitting on the couch feeding Max. I ask Charlotte to sing the penguin song she learned at school today. She then wants to "sing a song about God". We sing, "He has the whole world in his hands." She asks me where God is. I tell her that he is all around. That he is at her school, in our house, at our church - he is always with us. She asks me when we can go see him. I say that we can't really see him, but we will one day. She asks if we will drive a car to see him. I tell her that we can't drive a car there. She says that we will just get in his hands and he will take us. Such a sweet moment.

Then she gets quiet and looks very intent. I think that she must be forming some really deep, thoughtful question.

She asks, "Is that poop coming out?"

"what?? I don't know - are you pooping in your pants?"

She says, "Oh, no, I just pooted". (giggle)

You just never know what is going to come out of an almost 3 year old's mouth.

DSC_7254

We played outside today in the much warmer weather. Charlotte saw her shadow stretch across the driveway. She ran across the driveway and said, "I'm going to jump on my shadow's head". She tried and tried, but never quite got there.

DSC_7271

4 comments:

Drena said...

too funny!

Today was gorgeous. We were out for a long time too! Loved it.

Rebecca said...

That is so cute - love it! I can't wait to meet her!

Liam had a similar moment today...
Me: what did you do at school today?
Liam: (thinking) (BUUURP!) I burped! (smile)

Sarah said...

love, love, love the last picture of your shadows :)

Clh03uga said...

That's awesome!