Thursday, March 17, 2011

Top 'o the mornin' to ya

Charlotte got really into St. Patrick's day this year. I think her teachers really built it up at school. She came home talking about "sevious" (mischievous) leprechauns, shamrocks, and rainbows. Her St. Patrick's Day party was yesterday and she had so much fun talking about the leprechaun that messed up their room while they were at music. She told me that he danced the Irish jig because there were tiny footprints everywhere.

This morning she woke up and told me, "Top of the morning to you". Just out of the blue. It was hilarious.

We had a friend come over and play this morning while his parents went to a doctor's appointment. I thought I'd make the kiddos green pancakes and green smoothies. They were a hit! Charlotte drank the entire green smoothie (chock full of spinach) in about 5 seconds flat! Now I know how to sneak veggies in.

stpatricksday1

stpatricksday2

I didn't see any little leprechauns today...well, maybe one.

DSC_8522

1 comment:

Allison D said...

aw, yeah...i love being sneaky with smoothies! Definitely need the green recipe from you.