Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Not Fair!

I hear the phrase, "It's Not FAIR!", about 5,000 times a day coming out of Charlotte's mouth. Yesterday, it was especially frequent. It seems the more tired she is, the more it is said. It would be one thing if she knew how to use the phrase, but she only gets it into the correct context 50% of the time - and I think that's luck. I'm not sure where she learned this. I can't believe it starts this early, the pouting, the scowls, the "It's not fair." Sometimes when she says this, I see her 16 year old self slam the car keys down, spin on her heels, curls flying, marching upstairs screaming, "It's NOT FAIR!".

august3

3 comments:

*Jess* said...

my 6 year old says it all the time, too!

Emily said...

That picture is perfect. As her grandaddy would say, "Life isn't always fair." He told me that at least once a day from the time I was 5 until I was about 18. It usually managed to royally tick me off.

Mel said...

Except she sadly won't have her curls because people will curls always want straight hair and vice versa