Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lucky

I'm one lucky mom. Just look at these two:

mothersday20121_1

Yesterday morning Charlotte came downstairs uncharacteristically early. I asked her why she was up so early. She looked at me a little confused and said, "Today is Mother's day and I have things to do to get ready." I told her that was awfully sweet, but Mother's Day was actually tomorrow. That exchange made the weekend for me.

Today, Max gave me a most wonderful Mother's Day gift. He slept the entire night waking at 7:00 this morning!!! A solid 8 hours of sleep last night. Of course my first thought was, "Geez, the one morning Judd has to get up with him and he sleeps until 7!".

Around 7:30 I heard Judd load them in the car. At 8 my bedroom door opened and two sweet children and a sweet husband brought a yummy bagel, fruit, and coffee to me. I had some cards to open signed and decorated by Charlotte. Then Charlotte sang me a song because she wanted to, in her words, "Make music with her mouth."

We went to church and now everyone is settled in for a rest or nap on this very rainy Sunday.

I hope all of the moms out there have a lovely day filled with lots of hugs and kisses. I am especially thankful for all of the moms in my life, I have learned from each and every one of them. But, especially for my own mom, who I look up to very much. I know today is harder for her since this is the first Mother's Day without Grammie - but she is with my sister and I know they'll take good care of her today.

No comments: