Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Drawing

Charlotte has started to draw lately.  Not just people, but scenes.  It has been so much fun to watch her sit down with a piece of paper and a crayon or two and really draw.  I just love it.  A big part of me wants to drop everything, grab a crayon and a piece of paper and start drawing too.  I always LOVED drawing as a kid - even took a cartooning class once.  I'm jealous of Charlotte's big empty page and 100s of colorful crayons.

drawing1

This evening while I was cooking dinner, she was quietly at the table drawing something.  I looked over and asked her why she had a lid to a pot and some of Max's stacking rings.  She said, very matter-of-factly, that she was using them to trace and draw Mickey Mouse.  She said she learned it from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I know you can't keep every picture they draw, but this one I just love.  It's a keeper.

drawing2

I'm really enjoying this new phase.  It's so magical to watch your children "unlock" these new parts of their brains. 


No comments: