Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weekend, a new job, and bottles

Wow, almost a week without a post...

Last Saturday morning, Charlotte went down to spend the long weekend with her grandparents. She had a great time. As usual, Judd and I were sent picture updates throughout her visit.

grandparentshouse

For Judd and I, it felt like a vacation. To only have an infant to care for was a break from the regular routine. I'm not sure what I complained about when Charlotte was a baby - I didn't know how easy I had it! Judd and I were able to go out for lunch on Sunday and had a date night at home on Sunday evening. I was able to go to the mall for a while on Saturday - even though I had Max with me, it was a fairly pleasant shopping experience.

Monday I started a small part time job. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll be working with Stacy of InkSpot Workshop fulfilling some of her orders plus other side projects. I met with her Monday morning to learn printing, packaging, shipping, etc. She set me up with a photo printer and supplies so I can do everything from my house. I'm shipping out my first orders tomorrow!

Monday morning, I left Max with Judd while I went over to her house to learn the ropes. I called about 10:15 to see how things were going - they were not going very well. Max refused to take a bottle and he hadn't eaten since about 6:30 that morning. I could hear him screaming in the background.

By the time I got home, everything was calm. Max was asleep on Judd's shoulder, but he still hadn't taken a bottle. He hadn't eaten in 5 hours. I heated up the bottle again and tried to give it to him - I just hated to see milk to go waste. He sucked it down in about 3 minutes - Judd couldn't believe his eyes. I ended up giving him 2 more bottles that day without much trouble. So, now I'm wondering if it has to be me? Will he only eat from me? Does that even make sense? So, I have to get going on this bottle thing and get serious about it. Any suggestions from people that have had babies that won't take bottles?

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

I totally know what you mean about not knowing how easy you had it with one baby. I always think back to how overwhelmed I was with 1 baby and laugh.

As far as the bottles go, I don't have much advice. It does sound like maybe he prefers and associates eating with you and no one else? Usually you hear of babies not taking bottles from their moms because they want to nurse instead. I had issues of Handley not taking a bottle (stopped taking them around 3 months and never had another after that point) but she wouldn't take it from anyone, not even me. Harper was better, but not great. I was better about giving them to her more frequently though. I would say just keep trying. The more he is exposed to them, the more likely he is to take it form you, Judd, or anyone for that matter.

Sara said...

In that picture, with her blue dress on, she looks like a mini me, Nina. I think she is starting to look more and more like her grandmother. It looks as if she had a wonderful time on her vacation at the lake. What a lucky little girl!