Friday, January 7, 2011

What will Judd smoke?


It is Friday. That means that Judd is thinking about what he is going to smoke over the weekend. I'm talking food, people, nothing illegal.

Since the Big Green Egg has come into our lives after Thanksgiving, we have had smoked meats every weekend. He has smoked two Boston butts (3 really, but we won't mention the first attempt), 2 racks of ribs, numerous chicken wings, a whole chicken, and chicken thighs. He has also tried a few pizzas.

It has been great. I haven't cooked on the weekends in a while.

And, it is GOOD food. The pulled pork we got from the Boston butts is probably some of the best I've had. The chicken wings rival any restaurant. The chicken thighs and ribs were fabulous. The pizzas, well, he's still perfecting that, but they are good.

I was not a fan of the Big Green Egg purchase, but now I love it almost as much as he does. Now, if I could just figure out how to keep the whole house smelling like smoke every weekend!

2 comments:

Drena said...

Jealous. I love food. I love it even more when somebody else makes it!

Mel said...

Smoked oizza? I am intrigued....

Totally misunderstood the title and clicked quick to see what it was about! Ha!