Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Taj Ma-Laundry

It's finished! The guys wrapped up the new laundry room on Saturday morning. It is better than I thought it would be. Judd calls it the Taj Ma-Laundry. Compared to where I was doing laundry, that's about right.

tajmalaundry

The space is 5'x 8'. On the left when you walk in, they ripped out a garden tub and shower and put the washer/dryer. On the right, we replaced the toilet, sink, and mirror. The walls were painted a calming blue. On the floors we put laminate tile. (we are planning to redo the entire kitchen floor in the next year or two - we'll replace the laminate tile in the laundry with the new kitchen floor) Judd hung the shelving last night above the washer/dryer. With that shelving and the empty laundry closet in the garage - my storage space has doubled in this house. I couldn't be happier about that! Time to buy more junk?? :)

The guys that we hired to do the job were fabulous. They were on time, polite, and really nice. But best of all - they finished when they said they would! If you need the name of a contractor - let me know - I'd love to pass his name and number to you.

This remodeling stuff is addictive! Now that this is finished, I can't wait to get started with the next project. I just wish our budget felt the same way!

4 comments:

Allison D said...

Talk about an improvement! That looks awesome. Does it make you want to do some wash or what?!

Al & Nina said...

It looks GREAT!! N

Rebecca said...

Looks great! I'd love the name of the contractor. We still want to add a 2nd sink in the boys bathroom at some point.

Unknown said...

has that changed your life having the laundry rm so close now!?! so fun!