Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Behold children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.
— Psalm 127:3

DSC_9504

In the sermon a couple of weeks ago, the minister said that children are entrusted to us by God. I've heard this before, but for some reason, it really hit home that Sunday. I've been thinking a lot about that lately - they are his children that he is allowing us to parent. When I have that in the front of my mind, it makes me parent differently.

Anyway, onto the weekend. We had a VERY busy Saturday. We decided to day trip it up to Baltimore for my nephew Jacob's first birthday. We had been debating all week whether to go up or not - then saw that the flights looked good, the weather looked good, and we had well rested children - so we went for it. We spent 10.5 hours traveling and 4.5 hours visiting. Some may say we are crazy - but it was worth it. Just to see Jacob smash almost an entire cupcake in his mouth was worth it. I didn't take my camera, so if you want to see a couple of pics - head over here.

Charlotte and Max were very good. Could we really have been blessed with two adaptable, flexible children that travel well? Probably too early to tell. Flights were all on time - it really couldn't have gone more smoothly.

This morning I got up with Max at 5 AM to feed him, but then he went back to sleep until 6:15. Judd got up with him then and I slept until the luxurious hour of 7:30AM when I was woken up with a very sweet, "SURPRISE!". Charlotte's little face was right by the bed and next to her was a sweet husband with a bagel, coffee, orange juice, flower, and a card. I sat in bed, ate my breakfast, and caught up with Oprah. Heaven, I tell ya.

We made a trip to Costco today, I took a nice walk, and we even ventured to the pool for a few minutes. (It opened yesterday!) Judd made me a yummy dinner of barbecue chicken done on the Big Green Egg. It was so good Charlotte ate 2 drumsticks!

It was a wonderful weekend. I'm so lucky to have these children to call my own. I'm so thankful that I get to be their mother.

DSC_9532

DSC_9534

No comments: