Friday, September 23, 2011

11 months

I can't believe I just typed that into the post title - 11 months. I thought Charlotte's first year went by fast - this is crazy how fast Max's is going. It almost makes me want a 3rd - almost.

11months

At 11 months:
- Max has hand, foot, and mouth disease. Yep. It's awesome let me tell ya. Nothing like having a baby that screams constantly for days. More to say on that subject and the show I gave the doctor yesterday - stay tuned. Luckily, I think we have turned a small corner, he seems to be doing somewhat better today.
- He is starting to wave "bye-bye".
- He has clapped a few times - mostly in the bath.
- He is really learning and mimicking us. Lately Judd and I have put things on our heads and then say "AAA-AHHHH-AHHHHH- CHOOO". Max laughs, then he says "AAA-AHHHH". He will watch you play with a toy and then take the toy and play with it - whether it is pressing a button, or putting a ball in a hole, or racing cars - he is picking up on new things every day. I forgot how much fun it is to watch a baby learn.
- He is pretty much sleeping through the night. He might wake up once, but goes back down when I put a pacifier back in. He ALWAYS goes to bed like a champ - we never have a problem putting him down. He is taking two solid naps every day. We have been blessed with two good sleepers.
- Up until this week, he has been eating like a grown man. He is still taking 4 bottles a day. Once we get passed this sickness, I hope to start to get rid of the midday bottles.
- I'm afraid he has rapidly become addicted to his pacifiers. He also LOVES his blankies. He walks around with them. Then he'll just lay down in the middle of the floor with them.
maxandblankie
I say it every month, but he is the sweetest baby. Just loves to be held and cuddled, but only for a second - he has WAY too many things to explore. This week, the first night he came down with a fever, I wrapped him up in a towel after his bath. He obviously didn't feel well because he let me just carry him around wrapped up in a towel for 10 minutes or so. I know he was sick, and I hated that for him, but I sure did love how still and cuddly he was. I could have rocked him all night like that.
I guess I need to start thinking about a first birthday party for little Maxwell - unless I can finally figure out how to stop the clock.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Poor Max, Jacob can relate to your pain of Hand, Foot, and Mouth. I'm sorry you have to go through that little guy. Milk your mommy and daddy for milkshakes, smoothies, pudding, and ice pops. :)

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

girl!! we had that h,f,m disease thing too at 13 mths--i posted about it last year. she didn't smile for FIVE days. we were at the dr. 3x's. we--mom, dad, cooper, myself--ALL got it. absolutely horrible. and the worst part? she got it at the first birthday party she ever went to. :-( the only thing she would eat...or drink...was yogurt.
happy 11th month bday, baby boy!!

Mollypants said...

OMG there is NO WAY he's 11 months old. Where has the time gone? Such a cutie though ;)