Thursday, November 3, 2011

12 months

12months1

So, I'm a little late with this post. But, the picture above was taken only 2 days after he turned 1. He didn't have his 12 month check up until yesterday, though. So, I figured I'd wait until then to post his stats.

Weight: 23 lbs 73%
Length: 33" 99% - this is wrong, though. When the nurse measured him and said 33", I didn't say anything, but I thought that he was not that tall. So, while we were stuck in the room waiting for an hour, I measured him again and he was 31.75" long. I have no idea where that is in percentages. I do know that 12 month clothing is getting too small and 18 month clothing is a tad big - so I think he's just about right :)
Head: 19" 95% - he's got a big noggin.

At 1 Year of age Max is:
  • Bottle free.  Drinks whole milk from a sippy cup.  He's doing pretty good with milk.  Sometimes I mix it with drinkable yogurt if it seems like he hasn't had too much that day.
  • Eats whatever we eat and more!  The kid has a great appetite and usually crams whatever I put in front of him into his mouth.  Some days he eats more than his sister!
  • Is doing OK in the area of sleeping.  The last two nights he has slept a solid 11-12 hours, but until then, we had about 2 weeks of multiple night wakings around 2-3 AM.  He is still taking 2 naps a day.
  • Waves "Hi" and "ByeBye".  The other day Judd walked into the kitchen while Max was eating breakfast and I swear Max said, "Hi Dada". 
  • Really only says "Dada".  Not a "Mama" to be found around here.  Over the past couple of days he has been saying "Uh Oh".  It's pretty cute.
  • If he is awake, he is moving.  The kid doesn't stop. 
  • He LOVES to be outside.  He would spend hours just walking around picking stuff up off of the ground, digging in dirt, playing in sand, just messing around. 
  • Diaper changes are a wrestling match that usually ends with him screaming crying and me stressed out.  It doesn't help that the kid poops after every meal and needs his diaper changed often. 
  • Loves to "play chase".  If you "run" after him saying "I'm gonna get you"- he just laughs and laughs.  He would play it until his legs fell off.
I love the little boy he is becoming.  He is so different from his sister. (Not that I don't love her to pieces too!  It's just interesting to see the differences)  I love his laugh.   I love his smile.  I love his cute little feet and hands.   I love that he loves his blankies and carries them around.  I love how he smells when he first wakes up.  I just love him so.

No comments: