Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Break

Aquarium

Charlotte's school is closed this week for the Thanksgiving holidays. That was really fine by me. It has been nice having her with us in the mornings.

Yesterday, I took advantage of the Mommy and Me pricing at the Georgia Aquarium and took Charlotte and Max to see some fish. We met up with some friends when the aquarium opened at 10. I'm glad we got there when we did because the place started to fill up fast.

I could spend hours and hours there - I love it. Some of the exhibits are SO beautiful. The Beluga whales are amazing. I could stare at them all day jealous that they get to live life underwater like that. However, I had a 3 year old complaining about lunch in one ear and a one year old wanting to be free of the stroller. So, we moved quickly through the exhibits. I do think Charlotte had some fun, but most of the last hour was spend complaining she was starving to death.

Since the Varsity is only 1 mile from the aquarium parking deck, I figured we should have lunch there. We all ate some hot dogs, onion rings, french fries, and frosted oranges before heading back home.

Today we had a nice visit with the Allison, Marshall, and Summer. Then we spent the rest of our time doing laundry and packing for our trip Northeast tomorrow.

My sister, Rachel, and her brave husband, Adam, somehow managed to get roped into hosting Thanksgiving dinner for my family on Thursday. So, we are headed to their house to ruin their peace and quiet. Wish us luck! (and them!)

1 comment:

Allison D said...

Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving the Achuff gang! It was so great to see you guys today...and I do love that Charlotte is a mess too...she is such a hoot.