Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving, Part 2

We woke up to a gorgeous day on Thanksgiving - sunny, highs in the 60's. After everyone woke up and got moving, preparations began. The day before Charlotte helped Aunt Rachel and my grandma make some cookies - so those were already done waiting for after the meal. (Well, maybe someone had one for breakfast)

thanksgiving3

My mom, Sally & Andrew, and Adam's mom were bringing most of the sides, so the biggest thing that needed to be done on Thanksgiving was the turkey. There had been MUCH debate the night before and the morning of Thanksgiving as to how long this bird would need to cook.

thanksgiving4

Adam was in charge of the turkey. He rubbed some butter and herbs on it, popped it in the oven, and it came out great!

Time to eat!

thanksgiving5
(everyone at the table, sans the photographers - me and my dad)

thanksgiving6

thanksgiving7

thanksgiving8

I was seated to Judd's right, Max was to my right, and Charlotte to his right. At one point Judd whispered in my ear, "When I look to my right, I have SO much to be thankful for."

After dinner and digestion, we gave the kiddos baths and headed to my parents house to spend the rest of our visit.

Friday was spent hanging out and visiting. It was another gorgeous day. Charlotte was a very busy kid. She got right to work helping Granddad clean the patio furniture to put it away for the winter.

thanksgiving9

After he teased her and "missed" one of the chairs only to get Charlotte a little wet, it was her turn to give it a try.

thanksgiving11

She got him back.

thanksgiving10

Then it was inside to help my mom bake some Christmas cookies.

thanksgiving12

thanksgiving13

Friday evening, Jacob and Sally came to visit. Rachel and Adam also came. While Adam and my Dad headed to the Deer Camp to meet up with Andrew - the ladies hung out, ate pizza, and played with the kids.

Tomorrow...our visit with Santa at Chocolate World and our night at Candy Lane!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Char looks so TALL to me in these pictures! Growing like a weed!