Thursday, December 15, 2011

Candy Lane

I can't believe I forgot to post this memory from Thanksgiving.

IMG_0177

The Saturday after Thanksgiving was unseasonably warm in PA. My dad had some tickets to Candy Lane, so my mom asked if I wanted to go to Candy Lane with Charlotte that night. Max seemed to have really warmed up to my dad, so he offered to stay home with Max and mom and I could take Charlotte.

Candy Lane is an attraction at Hershey Park at Christmas time. Well, it is just Hershey Park decorated for Christmas with lots and lots of lights. They have most of the rides open, not all, but most. It was SUCH a fun night! It was super crowded as you can imagine an unseasonably warm Saturday night would be, but we managed to navigate around and Charlotte ended up riding quite a few rides - most of them all by herself, I might add.

First up was the carousel.

IMG_0176

IMG_0175

After that, we tried to find the rides with the shortest lines. She would just hop on the ride, not even looking the least bit timid or scared. No fear. Her eyes were braver than her stomach, though. She really wanted to ride this one HUGE ride, that I would have to ride with her. We were standing in line, and she just kept looking up at it. (I was feeling a little unsure myself). Then she said, "Mom, I think I don't want to ride this one."

On the last few rides she made a friend or two that she would ride with. It was pretty cute to listen to her talking to her new friends while we waited in line. I just thought over and over, she is just SO big. She is really becoming this awesome, lovable, beautiful little girl. I'm so proud she's mine.

IMG_0174

Of course she couldn't really be truly happy with the night until she had her beloved cotton candy.

IMG_0173

It was such a fun night and a great way to end our visit. My dad ended up having a great time with Max, other than having to change not one, but two dirty diapers!

No comments: