Friday, November 2, 2012

Our house

After much deliberation over the past few weeks - well if I'm honest, years - Judd and I have decided to put our house on the market. We always said that this would be a 5 year house for us. That 5 years has become over 9 years. It is a good house, but we would like just one more bedroom or a basement for our little family. A space for the kids to stretch out, or a space that Judd and I can get away to when the kids are older and have friends over.

It seems like a good time to put it on the market. There isn't a lot on the market right now, so we are hoping that this means ours will sell a little faster.

We will stay in this area. Whether it is in the City of Decatur, or staying in the Oak Grove area, I want to stay put. I have formed so many great friendships around here, and I would like to continue to grow those friendships. I just love this community.

The thoughts of actually packing this house up and seeing it empty forms a lump in my throat every time. I love this house. The house that has become our home. It started out bare with only enough furniture that previously filled an apartment to a house that doesn't have much extra space. The house that we started our lives together and brought our babies home to. I know every creak. I know what the stairs sound like, what each door sounds like when it opens and closes.

But, I'm ready. I'm ready to start the next chapter. I ready to learn new creaks and doors. Let's hope someone else out there is ready to start a new chapter in our house!

Know anyone that's interested in a great house minutes from Decatur in a good school district?? Send them this link, our house.

No comments: