Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

DSC_6978

What a year 2010 was. It was a year of change around here. I quit my job to be a stay at home mom. We went from 3 to 4. Not just little changes, major life altering changes. It was a very good year for us and one we'll always remember. It is not lost on me that many people had a bad 2010, lots of lost jobs, etc - we are very lucky.

Resolutions? I never finished my 2009 blog book, so I need to finish it and the 2010 book. I want to read more this year. I want to get myself back into shape. I'm looking at a half marathon mid-May. I have always loved running and really want to get back into it. I crave that time for myself. I'm going to strive to be a happier and more patient mother. (much more patient) I think I've had a little bit of the baby blues lately, and I'm hoping to come out of that soon.

My parents were in town since Tuesday, they left this morning. I miss them already. We had a busy visit, and it seems to have flown by. We did the Lake Lanier Nights of Lights, made a trip to IKEA, and played with all of Charlotte's new toys. They took her on special errands and played with her at the park. Four extra hands around the house is just awesome. My laundry magically was done for me. Groceries magically came into the house. Children were magically cared for. If only they could have stayed for a few more weeks :)

char_nye

1 comment:

Mel said...

what run are you thinking about doing...I was thinking of suggesting we all go somewhere and some wil run while others can cheer the runners on...