Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome Back

Welcome back, me. I've missed you.

The past couple of days I have felt like myself. It has been great.

It may have something to do with the fact that Max has slept from 7:15 PM until 5:30 AM straight for the past two nights. For the first time in months I'm getting 6 or so uninterrupted hours of sleep. I can actually stay up until 10PM now and not panic that I'm going to be exhausted the next day! PAAAAAARTY! (I'm sure Max will read this and be up 4 times tonight)

I have also gone for a run twice in the past 3 days. I can't even tell you how awesome that has been. It is something that I crave, that I just have to do for myself. So, I joined the same gym Judd is a member of and we have devised a plan. He works out 2x a week and I put the kids to bed, and I work out 2x a week and he puts the kids to bed. Last night was my first night to go to the gym and I looked forward to that time ALL DAY.

I think December was just really hard this year. I really wanted Christmas to be special for Charlotte - and not just Christmas, but the days that lead up to it, too. Also with present buying, wrapping, shipping, etc, plus a newborn, it is just a stressful time of year. I had a running to do list taped to my cabinet in the kitchen that just kept growing. I'd say that I vow to not get stressed next year, but I kinda think that just happens around Christmas. I can vow to try to handle the stress that occurs better. Our Christmas was a wonderful time, and I'll always remember it, but I'm glad to be back in our routine.

So, I'm think I'm setting into this new role as a mom to two. I'm happy to feel good again.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm happy that you are feeling like your old self, too. Glad you are having a few evenings to do something for you. I had a Christmas I will never forget! Thank you for letting us come see the grandkids.